Train your employees to recognize and report phishing attacks that could cost you big $$$
Did you know phishing attacks and employee errors are the biggest cyber threats to European organizations? (Telstra Security Report 2018)
Just one click on a link in a deceiving email can infect your entire company with ransomware. It can also lead to financial losses of thousands or even millions of dollars.
Cybercriminals know they can make good money by tricking employees into clicking malicious links or opening infected attachments.
If you’re ready to take action and protect your organization from phishing, here’s what you can do about it.
The impact of phishing campaigns
Phishing statistics show that these attacks are becoming more frequent and more damaging, according to ENISA Threat Landscape Report 2018
- Scammers and attacks send out 6.4 billion fake emails every day (EY Global Information Security Survey 2018-2019)
- The number of phishing emails increased by 250% between Jan. and Dec. 2018 (Microsoft Security Intelligence Report Volume 24)
- Almost 87% percent of the Fortune 500 are vulnerable to phishing attacks (Agari Q4 2018: Email Fraud and Identity Deception Trends)
- 93% of all phishing emails were related to spreading ransomware (ENISA Threat Landscape Report 2018)
It’s not just the sheer volume of phishing attacks that’s unnerving. Cybercriminals and scammers are crafting phishing emails and websites that are increasingly difficult to catch and stop.
- 30% of phishing sites used HTTPS in 2017 compared to just 5% during 2016
- In 2017, phishing websites typically stayed online for 4-8 hours making them difficult to detect and block with automated tools
- 41% of phishing domains include a single character swap, 32% have an additional character, and 13% have added or removed leading or final domain’s characters to confuse and deceive victims
- In 2017, phishers used 28% more malicious attachments compared to malicious URLs in the phishing emails they sent
Reduce your risk of getting phished with PhishEnterprise
At Bit Sentinel, we created PhishEnterprise so companies like yours can train their employees to be vigilant and act as an invaluable security layer against social engineering attacks such as phishing.
What is PhishEnterprise?
PhishEnterprise is an automated platform you can use for practical training exercises focused on social engineering tactics.
Your employees can experience the consequences of phishing attacks directly, through real-world simulations.
This safe and instructive training empowers your colleagues to develop the habit of recognizing phishing schemes and reporting them to your IT security team.
How does PhishEnterprise work?
We built several helpful features into the platform to make security awareness training engaging and effective.
- An engaging gamification system that rewards reports of real threats received by the company
- A full set of spear phishing attacks to use each month so exercises don’t become repetitive and to introduce new known attack vectors
- The ability to target all your employees and the flexibility to focus on particular teams in your company
- The option to monitor how your teams perform in spotting and dodging phishing attacks
- Contextualized feedback and guidance to teach employees who fall victims to social engineering simulations.
- Summary reports that can enable your decision-makings to see the resilience of each department or applied to individuals.
How can I use PhishEnterprise?
You can leverage this platform for practical training focused on social engineering tactics in 3 ways:
- Fully automated – use the entire set of available spear phishing attacks as a set-and-forget model
- Self-managed – customize or create exercises for different teams according to specific needs (HR, sales, CEO, etc.). We can even deploy the platform on premise for you to have exclusive control of the employees’ email addresses
- Fully managed by our team at Bit Sentinel – offload cybersecurity awareness training to a team of infosec professionals who can teach your employees to counteract malicious hackers’ tactics and create custom and fresh exercises each month for your specific needs
Whatever option you choose, you’ll have our full support to deploy PhishEnterprise in your organization and train your teams to respond effectively to psychological manipulation attempts.
What kind of attacks can PhishEnterprise help me avoid?
Through consistent training, CEOs, executives, accountants, employees in charge of operations and other people in your company learn to deflect and report:
- Business Email Compromise schemes
- CEO fraud
- Spear phishing
- Dropbox phishing
- Google Docs phishing
- Sharepoint phishing
- Social media phishing
- Invoice phishing
- Purchase order phishing
- Package delivery phishing
- Disgruntled customer phishing
- Vishing (voice phishing)
- Smishing (SMS phishing)
- Search engine phishing
- Brand impersonation phishing
- URL phishing
- Website and email spoofing
Take your cybersecurity program to the next level
At Bit Sentinel, we like to use our experience and know-how to make security simpler and more effective for you and everyone who needs this. Whether you are looking to develop internal policies that keep your compliant with the latest regulations or you want to find out if your applications & other network assets have security vulnerabilities, we got you covered.