Compliance & Advisory_
Achieve compliance and boost your overall security level. Meet the highest security standards in your industry.
Governments and organizations across the world are starting to focus on data security and privacy. As a result, your company must now comply with more regulations than ever before.
Get professional help to ensure you have the right plans and processes in place to meet security prerequisites in your industry.
Set up the plans and activities you need to comply with these 6 regulations
- information security program and processes
- vulnerability program management
- policy and process auditing
- risk assessments and risk management procedures
- regular network testing
- data retention and data disposal policies
- encryption standards implementation
- maintain information security policies
- cybersecurity policy planning
- security controls implementation and management
- security monitoring and alerting
- log management and a lot more
Depending on your activity sector, you may need to align your security controls and internal procedures to ensure the following types of compliance:
1. PCI DSS / PSD2 compliance
The Bit Sentinel team has extensive experience with implementing all the necessary controls to meet PCI DSS / PSD2 requirements.
The Payment services (PSD 2) is an EU directive that aims to support the European payments market to become more integrated and efficient for its citizens.
Part of this directive focuses on making payments safer and more secure and ensuring that consumers’ data is safeguarded by both established and new players.
Achieving PSD2 compliance involves aspects such as:
- auditing your security controls and procedures
- encrypting data both at rest and in motion according to the highest encryption standards
- enforcing ongoing monitoring of security events and alert tracking
- protecting open APIs from cyber attacks as infrastructure evolves and many others.
With our capabilities, Bit Sentinel can cover all the PCI DSS requirements, such as:
- Annual external penetration testing
- Yearly segmentation testing of internal networks
- Quarterly vulnerability assessment of external and internal networks
2. Security architecture design and review
Your organisation changes every day. Integrating new data flows, adding equipment to your setup – everything requires integration with your security tools and measures.
When you work with Bit Sentinel, our security engineers ensures that your information security program keeps up with your specific needs.
Contract our services and we will:
- perform in-depth audits of your network security architecture, it policy, and security practices
- conduct vulnerability assessments that reveal your weaknesses and provide an action plan to address them
- create roadmaps that help you improve your setup and strengthen your security with new layers
- develop security technology policies that standardize network segmentation, server protection, authentication, remote access, firewall design, etc.
Ensure your network security architecture is scalable and performs effectively by working with experienced ethical hackers.
3. Norm 4/ASF 2018 and Norm 6/ASF 2015 audit
If your company is part of the insurance industry, you should know that ASF (Autoritatea de Supraveghere Financiara / Financial Supervisory Authority) Romania issued Norm 4 (2018) and Norm 6 (2015).
These regulations compel insurance companies to contract regular penetration tests to ensure their security controls are satisfactory and effective.
Our team at Bit Sentinel can perform independent penetration testing that keeps you compliant with Norma 4/ASF 2018 and Norm 6/ASF 2015.
Work with us to benefit from our wide-ranging expertise and experience. We will audit your insurance or brokerage company’s security controls in depth and help you improve your overall security for both technical and operational aspects.
4. NIS Directive compliance
The NIS directive (the directive on security of network and information systems) is the first ever legislation that focused on standardizing cybersecurity practices and policies across the entire EU.
Operators of essential services (healthcare, transport, energy, banking, water supply, etc.) and digital service providers (DSPs) must now join a support network to help them cope with cybersecurity threats.
One of the aspects of this unification is ensuring that your organisation has the right security controls and processes in place.
Work with our team of security engineers to ensure your infrastructure is secure and resilient. We can support your efforts to apply the NIS directive with:
- risks assessments and risk management
- developing plans for data loss prevention
- creating or improving processes to ensure competent incident reporting
- building business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- facilitating collaboration with CSIRTs
- creating your own Security Operation Center (SOC) or use a managed SOC
- Incident response management
Additionally, you can also use our Managed Security Services to establish 24/7/365 monitoring to identify, classify, and respond to cyber attacks.
5. ICO, STO & TGE advisory and consultancy
Whether you’re preparing for an ICO (Initial Coin Offering), an STO (Security Token Offering) or a TGE (Token Generation Event), security is a central aspect you need to establish.
There are several reasons it is worth collaborating with cybersecurity engineers for technically-challenging projects such as these.
Working with Bit Sentinel means you can:
- Benefit from vast security expertise that’s difficult to find
- Get independent validation from certified professionals
- Build trust with customers and investors
- Keep your blockchain security risks under control
- Avoid security and business crises in a key moment for your business
- Preserve your blockchain’s integrity
- Understand circumstantial threats and risks in your ecosystem
- Train your team to handle blockchain security like professionals.
Keep away risks and threats that can dampen the enthusiasm around your ICO, STO or TGE and continue your path to growth.
6. Security awareness training
When you make cybersecurity everyone’s job, your company’s defenses register a significant improvement.
To make security habits part of your employees’ routine, you have to make security awareness training engaging and rewarding.
We can help you accomplish that by providing a gamified learning experience that delivers actual results.
Our training sessions cover safe internet habits such as:
- password security
- email security (including phishing, scams, and fraud)
- data sharing via email, instant messaging, social media, etc.
- securing devices they own and use for work (byod)
- reacting to and handling cybersecurity incidents
- keeping mobile devices locked and the data on them safe
- protecting data stored in the cloud and the list continues.
We also teach employees how malicious hackers think and operate, so they can spot their mischievous tactics and prevent cyber attacks.
Did you know in Europe, the two most common attack tactics are phishing attacks and employee errors? (Source: Telstra Security Report 2018)
Surprise cyber criminals with trained employees who can spot and report phishing and be vigilant and careful in their daily activity.