It is clear that 2020 has been challenging the world so far with everything that happened worldwide. We took this period to analyse what happened online, to see how the crisis was used by the malicious actors through monitoring keywords such as “corona” or “covid”.
Our team of cyber security specialists from Bit Sentinel compiled the “Coronaware Security Sub(domains) Report 2020” to highlight the activity of hackers as they continue to be early adopters and innovators.
The digitalization is no longer a buzzword, it started to spread faster than expected leaving lots of open doors for cybercriminals.
In order to stay ahead of the attackers, we need to understand how they operate, what the trends are and learn how to better protect our customers. The Coronaware Security Report is useful for companies curious to know the trends, to see how attacks are more targeted and how attackers exploit human’s most vulnerable period of times.
In conclusion, remember this main takeaways and stay safe:
- Always double check the domain of the website you want to access.
- Don’t click on links you don’t know or that might look suspicious.
- Don’t share information from sources you don’t trust as you might become a victim for fake news
- Don’t postpone the penetration testing annual activity and always make well-informed decisions when protecting your critical assets
- Don’t wait to have an incident and then build your defenses
- Always remember that if something looks too good to be true, it’s because it usually is not.
The main contribution to this investigation was made by Ionut Bucur, acting as a Cyber Security Specialist at Bit Sentinel.