Short company description
BIT SENTINEL is an information security company that aims to protect businesses against cyber threats by offering a variety of services including penetration testing, malware protection, cyber attacks recovery, 0day attacks mitigation, security audit, training and even preparing various competitions. For us, working together to ensure a secure & brighter future is no longer a cliche, we enjoy exploring innovations and permanently developing towards testing new technologies.
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re doing our best to bring it one step closer to secure.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated frontend developer to join our growing team. We think it’s essential to have a continuous drive for self improvement and self motivation. Instead of opposing change, we count on you reshaping your mindset to accommodate the new in your daily craft. Your initiative and accountability will open doors much faster and we trust you’ll do your best in being productive and efficient.
As a Front-End Web Developer, you’ll have to be motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
Duties and responsibilities
In this role you are responsible for implementing visual and interactive elements in our projects. You will work with the UI/UX designer and back-end developer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Designing, developing, and testing UI/ UX for mobile and web applications
- Accurately translate user and business needs into functional frontend code
- Ability to translate wireframes into functioning presentation layer markup, style, and interactions.
- Design / convert wireframes and mock-ups into fully functioning user interfaces
- Participate in the iteration planning and team standup meetings
- Understand the goals and strategy behind each project from conception through completion
- Keep our products up to date with the latest frontend technologies
Requirements and qualifications
- Proficient with Vue.js or React.js.
- Full knowledge of HTML5, semantic mark-up and SEO on-site.
- CSS pre-processing experience with Sass.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (git, git flow)
- Knowledge of performance techniques, cross-browser and responsive layout issues.
- An understanding of product design and an appreciation of what good UX/UI design looks like.
- Familiar with JSON, REST, AJAX, HTTP protocol, Web Services;
- Bootstrap or Tailwind
Good to have
- Adobe Photoshop / XD knowledge it’s a plus
- Experience with one or more of the following is a plus:
- modern browser technologies, including WebSockets, Local Storage, Worker Threads, etc.;
- any popular web development languages (e.g. Ruby, Python);
- Github Profile (or other public code contributions) is a plus;
- Troubleshooting in the area of responsibility in order to find and fix the encountered issue
- Experience with Agile methodologies;
- Good English skills (written and spoken)
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Self-starter, doesn’t want to be micromanaged
- Excellent team player
- Attractive compensation package: fixed salary compensation along with rewards & incentives performance-related bonus scheme
- Private health insurance
- Lunch vouchers
- Exciting career in a dynamic, growing organization with a very diverse portfolio
- Professional and friendly working environment
- Professional development through specific training/certifications
- Excellent job perspective for the future
- Possibility to be part and participate at DefCamp – largest cybersec community from CEE
- Flexible work environment (work from home, flexible working hours, etc.)
- Excellent opportunities to experiment with new technologies
Besides providing cyber security services & advisory for companies from different sectors such as Fintech, Healthcare, Real Estate, Retail, Ecommerce, Online, Startups, Blockchain, Critical Infrastructures etc. we are also:
- Involved as one of the key technical partners from the RESISTO project: an innovative solution for Communication CIs holistic situation awareness and enhanced resilience
- Creator of CyberEDU.ro – the educational platform to practice and learn cybersecurity
- Technical coordinator for the National Phase & Selection of National Teams of European Cyber Security Challenge, one of the most important cybersecurity competitions from Europe
- Developer & Technical Coordinator of Business Internet Security Threat Map, a technology developed by us for Orange Romania that presents the visualization from a high overview perspective of the data gathered from the Orange Romania Business Internet Security agents deployed across Romania
- Developer & Maintainer of RO Hacked – Register and Catalog Web Attacks Against Websites from Romania
How to contact us
We are really excited that you consider applying for your future career in cybersecurity at Bit Sentinel. Please fill out the form and we will get back to you asap. 🙂